Google Global Supply Chain Manager (Electrical Engineering), Consumer Hardware in Xinyi District, Taiwan
Commodity Managers work with Engineering teams to make sure Google has the supplies and equipment to put into production the innovative products coming from our Engineering teams. As a Commodity Manager, you use your wide industry knowledge and strategic supplier relationships to optimize our total cost of ownership for our global -- and growing -- infrastructure. The scale at which Google operates means that savings on just one piece of hardware can have a huge impact on Google's bottom line.
In this role, you will be working on the custom supply chain for fast-paced consumer devices. You will execute the team’s material acquisition strategy, and work closely with the US Global Supply Manager (GSM) teams and Engineering teams to ensure material availability and technology implementation.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Consumer Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Consumer Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Develop and execute global supply chain strategies.
- Drive suppliers and distributors to ensure material availability and readiness for the product builds.
- Cover full range of circuit protection and drivers, voltage and passive devices used by consumer products.
- Initiate purchase orders and track spend. Understand component lead time and evaluate associate supply chain risks.
- Create Request for Quotation (RFQ) template and prepare RFQ documentation for general supply management review.
- Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering, a related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in the technology industry, including procurement or supply chain management experience.
- 3 years of relevant work experience in global supply chain management within consumer electronics or semiconductor industry. Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing and supply chain processes, and experience with various IC distributors.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and working cross-functionally with engineering teams and product teams. Experience working and partnering with supplier management overseas.
- Experience with commodities (e.g. EE ICs, power and passives, etc). Experience with cost modeling and knowledge of cost drivers for EE components.
- Semiconductor and/or board level component experience or module experience. Understanding of, and/or experience with, foundry and OSAT operations.
- Excellent communication, sourcing, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Ability to travel as required.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.