National Oilwell Varco Senior Electrical Engineer - Cedar Park, TX in United States
Title: Senior Electrical Engineer - Cedar Park, TX Location: null Other Locations: null
The M/D Totco Surface Instrumentation Engineering(SIE) team focuses on measuring complex physical phenomena and turning those measurements into tangible customer value. The team concentrates efforts in three principal areas: advanced instrumentation, real-time data analytics, and surface based optimization. We are currently looking for a top-tier electrical engineer with intimate knowledge of control theory, circuit design, and wireless transmission to join our team.
· Electrical Engineering
o Performs core electrical engineering functions for our product families (PCB design, analysis, prototyping, verification testing, etc.).
o Designs and/or modifies digital conditioning circuits and integrated wireless systems.
o Collects data on electronics failures, performs root cause analysis, and writes technical reports summarizing issues, findings, and mitigations.
o Develops both prototype and commercial control logic for surface optimization applications.
o Structures testing and evaluates performance of surface optimization applications in both the laboratory environment and field operation.
o Conducts system level characterization of real-time computing platforms and quantification of architectural performance.
o Integrates team analytics engine with corporate automation, optimization, and data infrastructure.
o Participates in industry conferences and professional organizations through active participation and contribution to published works.
· Project Management
o Scopes potential development efforts and participates in project and resource planning.
o Works with internal and external entities to understand customer pain points, identifies potential solutions for those challenges, and converts business requirements into engineering requirements/specifications.
o Ensures appropriate levels of rigor in development by leading activities such as: design reviews, FMEAs, risk registers, mitigation plans, and technology gap assessments.
The SIE team consists of members that are passionate about the pursuit of knowledge, advanced technologies, and the application of advanced engineering and scientific principles into commercial solutions. We explore the limits of deployable technology and challenge industry norms. The keys to success in this position are: adaptability, problem solving, teaming, leadership, energy, and commitment to technical advancement. We aggressively meet our commitments with well-engineered and fit for purpose solutions that truly make an impact on the people in our industry. The ideal candidate will have a beginner’s mind, be a high performer within their discipline, and be effective in tasks and duties related to project management
· Bachelor or Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE or MSEE) from accredited university.
· At least three (6) years experience as an electrical engineer in design and analysis.
· Intimate knowledge of control system design and testing including: closed-loop systems, PID feedback implementations, and both linear & non-linear control.
· Experience associated to embedded systems design and testing for both hardware and firmware.
· Practical hands on experience associated to firmware implementations using high level languages (e.g. C, C )
· Basic understanding of programmable logic controllers (PLC), Ladder logic, and functional block diagrams.
· Clear understanding of project management fundamentals for both agile and waterfall development methodologies