Shermco Industries Electrical Engineer, Power Systems in United States
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, POWER SYSTEMS
Join our team of leaders in electrical power system maintenance, repair, testing and engineering. Due to continued growth, we are seeking an Electrical Engineer to work in our San Antonio, Texas field office. Shermco Industries is accredited by NETA and has the safes and best workforce in the industries.
We offer the opportunity for you to develop and utilize a broad engineering skill set at an accelerated pace. Shermco is an ideal fit for smart, motivated engineers that want to continuously learn and solve complex problems. We don't sit in the office all day doing the same repetitive tasks; instead we work closely with our customers to provide unique engineering solutions not offered by traditional consulting or field-service firms. If you are bored with calculating feeder sizes or modifying the same design over-and-over again; or, if you are a field engineer looking to do more design and analysis, Shermco may be the place for you. Our engineers work in a dynamic environment where there are no limits on personal or professional growth.
Why Work for Shermco?
- A family oriented company that values employees as vital assets.
- Strong benefits package and highly competitive compensation plan plus lucrative overtime plan.
- A growth oriented environment that is upbeat, good morale and team oriented.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
Work under a Professional Engineer (PE) to perform electrical engineering studies. We are looking for engineers that are willing to be hands on with our engineering and field service group.
- Provide engineering related design, analysis and studies for domestic and international projects.
- Perform power factor analysis and correction, harmonic modeling and analysis, and grounding analysis.
- Conduct short-circuit, protective device coordination and arc-flash studies.
- Interact with customers to gather critical information and review engineering plans.
- Prefer Design and troubleshoot protective relaying and controls.
- Occasionally work with our Field Services team on shut-down, startup and maintenance projects.
_Minimum Qualifications: _to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in power system design, system studies or field services.
- Willingness to be hands and work in the field alongside our field technicians.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must be able to clearly communicate in English via verbal and written methods, and effectively communicate directly to customers and co-workers.
- Prefer educational focus in Power Systems studies.
- Prefer candidate who have passed the FE Exam.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license a plus, or working towards obtaining.
- Experience performing protective relay projects a plus.
- Experience in short-circuit, protective device coordination, arc-flash and power quality studies a plus.
- Experience using SKM, ETAP, ASPEN, EasyPower, or other power system modeling software a plus.
- Utility design experience a plus.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Must be able to physically climb ladders, lift and carry up to 50 lbs, have full functionality of arms and hands, stand and walk for long periods of time (with or without reasonable accommodation).
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- Must be available for periodic domestic travel; international travel a plus and U.S. passport desired.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
No Agencies Please