Kiewit Corporation Lead Electrical Engineering Estimator in The Woodlands, Texas
Date: Mar 27, 2018
Location: The Woodlands, TX, US
Requisition ID: 73549
• Develop electrical engineering, design, procurement and construction scope of work from proposal documents received from clients for EPC proposals on mid-level to large Oil Gas & Chemical projects including midstream and downstream facilities.
• Coordinate with KOE electrical group to obtain preliminary engineering documents necessary for quoting major electrical equipment and for KOE estimating group to develop construction estimate. Develop one line diagrams and electrical load lists as needed.
• Work with the KOE estimating group to answer technical questions and provide information as needed to develop construction estimate.
• Develop electrical engineering and design man hour estimate for performing detailed design of the facilities being quoted including clarifications, qualifications and assumptions.
• Identify value engineering items to save project costs.
• Other duties will include performing site visits as needed to gather information for the proposal and for preliminary engineering.
Note: This estimating assignment is scheduled to last for two years. The electrical engineer will then become part of the KOE electrical group and another electrical engineer from the KOE electrical group will be rotated into that position.
• Lead degreed electrical engineer with 10 years plus related engineering experience
• 5 years plus of construction management or construction experience
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling, cost control, specifications, and engineering drawings
• Must be able to meet deadlines
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Work independently as well as part of a team
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different:
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Construction, Estimator, Electrical, Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Finance