General Electric Project Engineer, Electrical Engineering in Tampere, Finland
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Grid Solutions helps enable utilities and industry to effectively manage electricity from the point of generation to the point of consumption, helping to maximize the reliability, efficiency and resiliency of the grid.
We are looking for a Project Engineer to join our FACTS (Flexible AC Transmission Systems) Engineering Team. Your role in this team is to design control cubicles and lay-outs as well as circuit diagrams and cables. The position will be based in Tampere, Finland
• Design of control cubicles and lay-outs
• Design of circuit diagrams and cables
• Produce high quality study documents and specifications
• Commissioning related activities on-site
• Participate to technical negotiations with end customers and other stakeholders
• Support equipment sourcing; technical inputs, equipment evaluation
• Provide technical support for production
• BSc or MSc degree in Electrical Engineering (High Voltage)
• Specialized knowledge in Electrical engineering, especially HV and MV, transmission/distribution systems, power engineering.
• Knowledge in electro-technical standards
• Knowledge and experience on design engineering systems, e.g. Autocad and Cads
• Fluent written and oral skills, both in English and Finnish – other language skill is a benefit
• Strong prioritizing and time management skills
• Willingness to travel max. 100 d/a mostly in Saudi-Arabia, Brazil, UK, Canada and USA.
• Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence on multiple stakeholders
• Willingness to take a leading and supervising role in commissioning on sites
We offer you a unique and varied role in a truly international environment and great opportunities to develop your skills and career at GE.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact Engineering Manager Mika Kolehmainen, tel. +358 40 7478899 on Thursday 12th at 1-3pm and Tuesday 17th at 1-3pm.
Please apply no later than 22nd April. We proceed with applications already during the application period.
Locations: Finland; Tampere