Sierra Nevada Corporation Electrical Engineer II in Sparks, Nevada
Sierra Nevada Corporation's Communication, Navigation, Surveillance / Air Traffic Management business is continuing to grow and seeks qualified and highly motivated individuals to join our team in Sparks, NV.Sparks is immediately adjacent to Reno and only a 20 minute drive from scenic Lake Tahoe in the heart of the Sierras. In addition to the nightlife, this area offers world class skiing, mountain biking, backpacking, hiking, kayaking - all of the outdoor adventures imaginable.The Electrical Engineer will support systems engineering activities within the SNC Navigation and Landing Systems (NLS) product line, our radar based landing systems team focused on developing and producing improvement, upgrades and next generation versions of military aircraft navigation and takeoff and landing systems.This position offers the opportunity to work with a team of highly talented engineers on exciting programs utilizing innovative technologies to provide our customers with innovative, state-of-the-art products.
In return for the above, you can expect challenging work alongside some of today's brightest engineers and scientists, competitive salary, industry leading benefits and excellent growth opportunities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE NLS PRODUCT LINE ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
- Work as a member of an Engineering team and ensure electrical engineering requirements are satisfied during the development of products.
- Assist with design and development of complex digital, analog, software interfaces, and FPGAs.
- Support simulation, development board configuration, unit testing, system integration testing, lab test (EMI) and ground/flight testing.
- Create test plans and procedures for test and qualification of the electrical portion of the system.
- Assist with plans and execution of engineering design and development activities in accordance with SNC's SEI-CMMI Maturity Level 3, ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100:2009 compliant processes and specific customer quality, cost and schedule requirements.
- Support technical and status data at technical interchange meetings and design reviews.
- Support continuous process improvement, helping to develop and improve processes to positively impact product quality, performance and increase productivity.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- At least 2+ years' of relevant experience in electrical engineering design of circuit cards and assemblies for complex systems.
- Knowledge and experience in application of electronic design to complex architectures employing digital, analog, software interfaces, and FPGAs is required.
- Proficiency with schematic capture tools is required
- Proficiency with electrical analysis tools is required
- Proficiency with tools like Excel is required
Basic Qualifications - Preferred
- Experience with Naval shipboard systems is preferred.
- Experience with systems incorporating RF receivers and transmitters is preferred.
- Experience with systems operating at 2 GHz or greater is preferred.
*Willing to travel for the purposes of presentations, field testing, and interaction with customers and subcontractors.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minority / Female / Disability / Vet