Texas Instruments Facilities Electrical Engineer in Sherman, Texas
Job ID 22510BR
Job Posting Title Facilities Electrical Engineer
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
The Facilities Team has a need for an Electrical Engineer. This person will collaborate and integrate with the existing team to facilitate electrical design, construction, and sustaining efforts.
• Have ownership of building electrical equipment downstream of substations and work with site High Voltage Team to coordinate substation and above work
• Manage work on electrical systems, ensuring that all changes are properly documented, meet applicable codes, and all work is conducted in a safe and interruption free manner.
• Responsibilities include overall system design, performance monitoring, project management, implementation/commissioning, procedure development inclusive of hot work and switching order approvals, training, problem solving, cost estimating, and system documentation.
• Respond quickly to system alarms and potentially critical situations, perform rapid and accurate situational assessments and troubleshoot system components; root cause analysis and follow-up
• Perform other job-related tasks as required.
Specific experience, knowledge and skills (current proficiency is required):
• Current and relevant knowledge of low and medium voltage electrical gear and distributions and openness to learning high voltage equipment and work requirements.
• Capable of reviewing and approving hot work permits as well as creating and executing switching orders inclusive of substations, fault fighters, and transformers.
• Capable of performing switching on energized circuits up to category 3 PPE required at a minimum and ability to satisfy role of safety backup if needed.
• Relevant understanding of arc flash requirements, calculations and labeling.
• Relevant understanding of specification and usage of power monitoring devices including but not limited to Pqube, Power Quality Meters and data loggers, as well as HRG.
• Self-starter with the ability to take initiative, drive for results, and demonstrate ability to build strong, influential relationships.
• Ability to analyze existing systems and associated monitoring equipment to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
• Ability to develop and update process and instrumentation diagrams, sequence of operations, panel schedules and ESM.
• Project Management skills (strong ability to identify, prioritize, plan, execute, and follow up on numerous assignments in a dynamic environment).
• Computer/software skills – Outlook, Excel, Word, SAP
Specific experience, knowledge and skills (current proficiency is preferred):
• Experienced in application and selection of variable frequency drives, motor control centers, integrated motor starter disconnects, and three phase AC motors.
• Knowledge in application and selection of lighting solutions (LED and non-LED) as well as lighting controls
• Excellent facilitation, collaboration, and communication skills necessary to interface effectively with business partners, external suppliers, direct reports and team members (local and international).
• Basic financial management acumen.
Qualified candidates will be completing a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 required
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Job Opening Type New College Grad - Non Co-Op
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Level Degree
Related Field(s) of Study Electrical Engineering
Minimum Years of Experience 0
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-Texas-Sherman
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:email@example.com , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.