AMETEK, Inc. Electrical Engineer Intern in San Diego, California
Electrical Engineer Intern
Position Type:Part-Time Regular
Hours of Work:28
Location:US - California - San Diego
Division:AHV - Power Systems & Instruments
Education Required:Bachelors Degree
Email a FriendSaveSaveApply Now
Performs related duties in the development of AC and DC power conversion hardware and at the system and circuit level, during the product development cycle.
The focus for this assignment will be on the cost reduction (VAVE) AMP for RS/MX product line. To meet this objective new intern will be help and focus in:
a. Debagging brand new AMP, re-designed to reduce cost of product. Total 4 PWA were effected and required validation process
e. Thermal evaluation of AMP
b. Design verification testing of new AMP
c. Participate in environmental test (EMI/EMC)
d. Participate in safety test (New AMP need to be certify)
e. Participate in Vibration, Shock test of new AMP
Schedule/Work Hours: Flexible schedule Monday thru Friday. Must be able to work 24-28 per week.
• Junior or Senior currently a degree in Electrical Engineer.
• Relevant experience in the design of analog and digital electronics a plus.
• Proficient in common engineering design tools, such as simulation software, mathematical analysis, schematic capture, MS Excel/Word, and database applications. Experience with PWB layout software is desirable.
• Experience with manufacturing processes and techniques as required to ensure product design manufacturability, testability, and serviceability.
• Knowledge is desirable in the use of PC-based development tools and firmware (C, C#, Visual Basic) for microcontrollers, DSPs, and user interface (data communications, GUIs).
• Good interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills, and ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
• Good organizational skills; Ability to multitask effectively and meet deadlines.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.