Stantec Electrical Engineer or Engineer In Training (EIT) in Sacramento, California
Stantec is currently looking to add a Electrical Engineer or Engineer In Training to support our Northern California Civil Engineer – Waterpower and Dams practice. The ideal candidate will have a strong background and/or interest in engineering design in the field of Waterpower & Dams.
We encourage you to apply if you possess knowledge with some applied experience of civil and structural engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields, with specific emphasis in large civil infrastructure related to dams and hydropower. The candidate must have familiarity with performing engineering problems and methods; and use advanced analysis techniques including the modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of the field and related sciences and disciplines. Applicant must be capable of working effectively with teams and clients, and be willing to learn from peers and supervisors. Work products will include field investigations and working on design of water conveyance and storage facilities, dams, and hydropower projects.
• Participant on multidisciplinary teams in an office environment as well as in virtual team environment.
• Perform preliminary and detailed electrical power system analysis for hydroelectric related projects, specifically including: powerhouses, switchyards and substations, transmission lines and other electrical system such as generators, turbines, governors, SCADA, hydraulic and electrically operated valves, and telecommunication system.
• Preparation of studies, design criteria, design reports, plans and specifications, and quality assurance reviews of related designs and construction plans, and support of construction.
• Organize, draft and coordinate production of various reports to ensure technical consistency and inclusion of appropriate documentation.
•Inspect construction for compliance with specifications; review drawings; conduct field inspections; review progress versus schedule.
• Support multi-disciplinary teams on hydroelectric engineering projects.
• Evaluate alternatives and resolve technical questions.
• Assist with preparation of budgets and scopes of work.
• Organize, draft and coordinate production of drawings and specifications to ensure technical accuracy.
• Serve as electrical power system engineer on small- to mid-sized projects and work on several projects concurrently.
• Assist in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, and completing progress reports.
• Assist technical staff in field activities including electrical system, shop inspections, monitoring and other fieldwork.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guideline and policies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
B.S. in electrical Engineering with emphasis in power system.
Engineer in Training (EIT) certification.
The successful candidate will have strong organizational skills, multitasking ability, and excellent computer skills. The position also requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, report preparation, and the ability to work with engineering staff at all levels. Some travel may be required.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Ability to prepare complete, concise and organized engineering calculations and analyses.
Strong willingness to be a part of a large global engineering company, and to work with teams in other offices around the world.
Job ID 34298
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 0
Discipline Power Engineering