CHA Consulting, Inc. Electrical Engineer in Rochester, New York
|Category||Engineering - Electrical|
CHA Consulting is currently seeking a Professional Electrical Engineer to lead design of electrical projects in our Atlanta, GA office location. The primary duty will be design and delivery of electrical systems in a team environment. Project types that are to be designed include water/wastewater plants, airport terminals, schools, manufacturing facilities, and office buildings.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead engineer in performing design work for electrical systems on various projects, including power distribution, standby power, lighting, motor controls and communications.
- Coordinates with junior engineers and CAD staff on design.
- Participates in professional and technical associations.
- Leads entry and junior level engineers.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant design work for electrical systems.
- P.E. is required.
- Knowledge of NEC and relevant NFPA codes is required.
- Experience with design of power distribution for multi-story office buildings, educational facilities, and light industrial is required.
- Experience with specification writing, editing, and issuance of addenda and construction sets.
- Experience in design of interior and exterior lighting systems.
- Knowledge of motor controllers, VFDs, and general process controls.
- AutoCAD and BIM experience is preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.