Black & Veatch Electrical Engineer- (Renewables) in Pune, India
Electrical Engineer- (Renewables)
Functions in an engineer capacity. Under close supervision, performs routine aspects of engineering assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles. Applies knowledge of engineering principles to prescribed techniques and procedures to complete project assignments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Engineering Standards: Develops familiarity by reading, understanding and applying departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and B&V policies and procedures. • Quality / Continuous Improvement: Develops an understanding and complies with the B&V quality program. Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts. • Engineering Production: Contributes to preparation of less complex engineering deliverables such as drawings, reports, specifications, and studies of limited scope. Performs routine research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection. Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work. Prepares basic engineering calculations following standard methods and principles used in similar engineering analysis. Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements. • Project Coordination: Shares information with others as requested. Coordinates with others when directed by supervisor or project leadership. • Client Focus: Focuses on the needs of internal clients (project team leadership) while attempting to gain basic understanding of external client's main interests and drivers. May provide support to business development or pursuit activities. • Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology: Shares current knowledge of latest technology and processes.
No experience required. Requires a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Role and responsibilities:
Understanding on electrical codes and standards for US and non-US regions such as IEC, NEC standards
ETAP, Cymcap, SAM
Understanding of renewable project operations
Detail design, BoQ preparation
Underground cable sizing calculation, overhead transmission line conductor sizing calculation
Load flow, short circuit study, arc-flash analysis, relay coordination, harmonics analysis, insulation coordination study
Electrical design review for Wind and Solar PV Projects
• BE/BTech, MTech electrical, power systems
• Good communication skills
• Understanding of different electrical codes and standards
• Experience in renewable energy is recommended
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.