Fortive Corporation Electrical Engineer in Plainville, Connecticut
Gems Sensors & Controls (a Fortive company) designs and manufactures a broad portfolio of liquid level, flow, and pressure sensors, miniature solenoid valves, proximity switches and pre-assembled fluidic systems to exact customer application and manufacturing requirements. From agricultural equipment to locomotives to medical devices, Gems products make a difference in the world you interact with every day.
Define, specify, project manage, and develop electrical/electronic designs as a crucial member of a multi-disciplined Engineering team. Support legacy product development enhancements and “same as except" product iterations. Provide full design documentation. Direct technicians for engineering support needs. Responsible for writing code in LabView for new testers to be released to production floor as well as writing code for product validation as required. Develop quotes to support Sales activities.
• Writing code in LabView for new production equipment.
• Analog and Digital circuit design responsibilities for both New Product Development and “same-as-except" products
• Product testing and validation (including Agency approvals)
• Complete design documentation
• Project management responsibility for electrical design activities including timeline, resources, costing, and execution.
• Direct technicians to assist in engineering development activities.
• Debugging and troubleshooting of designs
• Comprehensive documentation responsibility for all electrical designs including wiring diagrams/schematics, bill of materials, assembly drawings, and design changes, test reports, design validation plan and report.
• Support Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Agency audits
Gems Sensors is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
•BSEE degree with 3 to 5 years experience in analog and digital circuit design for commercial/industrial products.
• Proven record of successful product development and commercial launch of low cost and low-to-moderate volume products.
• Demonstrated proficiency in project management from conceptualization, spec writing, planning, scheduling, budgeting and in execution.
• Proficient in Lab View, Assembly language and C language.
• Self-managed, creative, innovative, and enthusiastic individual with excellent communication and leadership skills.
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com .
Primary Location: North America-United States-CT-Plainville
Organization: Gems Sensors
EEO Statement: "The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a ""Fortive Company."" Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation."
Req ID: GEM000418