Cosentini Associates Senior Electrical Engineer in New York, New York
Cosentini Associates (www.cosentini.com), a Tetra Tech company, is seeking an innovative and experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to join our renowned design team to both lead design teams and manage a portfolio of projects.
About this opportunity:
As a Senior Electrical Engineer at Cosentini, you will have the opportunity to apply your design expertise on exciting and challenging projects. You will have the chance to mentor and impart knowledge to junior engineers and designers. At the same time, you will be working with some of the top engineers in the field, gaining additional expertise and building your reputation and career.
• Develop and evaluate system concepts and options to determine best design and engineering solutions for each project based upon project scope for high rise residential, hotel, and office buildings.
• Develop design drawings and specifications of electrical systems for building electrical, lighting, and fire alarm systems, including preparation of all engineering calculations, equipment selection and layout throughout life of the project.
• Lead and coordinate with engineers, designers, technicians and clerical staff
• Interface with clients to discuss changes to designs and/or specifications
• Coordinate with other design team members including architect, and mechanical and structural engineers to ensure electrical systems are integrated with all trades
• Work with leadership to manage design manpower budget and update budget to reflect revisions or changes in scope
What’s so great about this job?
This is a terrific opportunity to perform innovative Power Distribution design on signature building systems projects in the US and internationally. We are also working on "green" design of buildings such that, through sustainable design, they have the potential to generate more energy than they consume. This unique position offers career challenge and growth and provides access to a market-leading compensation and benefits package.
What kind of candidate are we looking for?
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated engineer with a B.S. in Electrical Engineering and 11+ years of experience in the design of building power systems for high rise residential, hotel and office buildings, and other commercial, institutional and healthcare facilities. Qualifications/Skills include:
• Comprehensive knowledge and interpretation of code compliance requirements and industry standards
• Strong technical skills, communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit software
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• PE registration is highly preferred.
• Project and client relationship management experience is highly desired.