Stanley Black and Decker Electrical Engineer in New Britain, Connecticut
Job Title:Electrical Engineer Location:Stanley Hand Tools -New Britain Tape Plant Reports to:Value Stream Manager
WHO IS STANLEY BLACK & DECKER? We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Vidmar. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what vehicle you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. Our purpose is to create the innovative solutions for those that make the world.
Click on the link to learn more about how it is our purpose to innovate for those that make our world! https://youtu.be/eCAyHO3TWPM
WHY WORK FOR STANLEY BLACK & DECKER? Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable things.
As a Fortune 500 Company that was recently named one of the Top 100 Companies for Millennial Women and one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies, Stanley Black and Decker always strives for excellence when it comes to our employees. We are a stable yet always advancing company with a proven track record for longevity and quality.
Primary Function: Provide electrical engineering support for Plant production activities. Responsibilities include developing electrical systems and processes to produce products in tape rule manufacturing and/or TK knife blade manufacturing. Responsibilities also include control system upgrades and integrations to the existing production lines. Responsible for managing control systems on new and existing equipment. Major Responsibilities:
- Responsible for control systems on new and existing production equipment.
- Act as Project Manager on new production equipment purchases, which may include initial specification through implementation on manufacturing floor.
- Responsible for managing electrical and control systems design, implementation and integration.
- Work with designated managers to implement electrical projects that will meet product requirements and specifications for new product development and existing product lines.
- Responsible for electrical component selection.
- Create, standardize and/or maintain all electrical engineering documentation efforts associated with designs.
- Work with Quality Assurance to ensure conformance to ISO standards.
- Support all building lighting and power distribution projects.
Support Union Trade electricians in diagnosing electrical and system control failures Skills Required:
PLC programming skills with Allen Bradley, GE, and Omron.
- Servo programming skills with Allen Bradley Compumotor, and GE-DSM.
- Application and Programming skills with DC, AC, Stepper, and Servo drives.
- Programming skills with PanelMate’s and Allen Bradley OITs.
- Design and programming skills with vision systems.
- Electrical design with AutoCad
- Computer networks using Ethernet, Genius, ControlNet, DeviceNet, and Profibus.
- Knowledge in the development of PC and industrial network architectures.
- Extensive knowledge of machine controls systems and robotics.
- Knowledge of industrial electrical systems.
- Knowledge with NFPA79, NFPA70E, NEC codes.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, MS Power Point required
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Project management experience
- Independent worker (must be able to assign and complete assignments independently)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
Lean manufacturing, Cell manufacturing, Pull systems, Kanban, and Kaizen knowledge. Education & Experience Required:
BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5-7 years related experience in Manufacturing
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Requisition Number: 53374BR
City: New Britain
Business: US - GTS - Hand Tools Accessories and Storage (HTAS)