Belcan Electrical Engineer - WI in New Berlin, Wisconsin
Electrical Engineer - WI
Job Number: 281750
Category: Electrical / Electronics
Description: Belcan has a job for an Electrical Engineer for a manufacturing client in New Berlin, WI. The electrical engineer will design electric motor controls as related to overhead cranes and hoists / material handling equipment and conduct applications and specifications of Magnetic Motor Starters, Relays and A.C. invertors. Support the engineering department in all phases of product or development engineering activities related to the creation of product designs, production drawings, schematics and bills of materials and programming.
• Calculate wire sizes/overload protection for any model crane / material handling equipment up to 800 volts D.C. and up to 4160 volts A.C. from schematics or other information provided by customer specifications by using appropriate electrical codes and appropriate client standards.
• Participate in resolving manufacturing problems (shop or field) by working with other engineers and service technicians, along with persons in other departments, to research and define problems, research and prepare solutions by properly communicating with the necessary personnel.
• Prepare single line diagrams, electrical schematics, panel layouts with BOMs, interconnect diagrams, conduit layouts, electrical calculations, Factory Acceptance Tests by using NEC NFPA 70, specific crane design standards, information / specifications provided by customer.
• Size and specify selected purchase components/BOMs by reviewing Client standards, vendor information and by utilizing knowledge of products.
• Function as a lead person on projects by providing technical supervision to drafters and layout drafters on a daily basis for individual projects that they are jointly assigned to. Work with the project manager to establish work requirements, meet release schedules, and daily review of work activities.
• Provide input to design improvements by providing information to the chief engineer that shows improved functions and/or cost reduction.
• Modify/improve existing circuit designs due to field problems, material obsolescence, or other reasons as defined by managers and customers, design electrical controls for motors and drives, etc. by utilizing knowledge of product, applicable electrical codes and clearances, Client’s Electrical Standards and by working with mechanical engineering and manufacturing when necessary. Develop connection/cable diagrams, and general arrangement drawings by utilizing knowledge of products, applicable electrical codes, Client’s Electrical Standards.
• Be able to travel to sites to attend meetings or trouble shoot a control system if a major problem occurs.
• Create PLC codes and HMI interface screens for applications.
• Must have BSEE or BSEET
• 3 to 5 years of electrical engineering/drafting experience (AutoCAD 2016), PLC and HMI programming experience, and experience in setting up variable frequency drives. Rockwell and Siemens PLC/VFD programming experience preferred along with knowledgeable with using and applying the NEC electrical code.
If you are interested in this Electric Controls Engineer job in New Berlin, WI, please apply via the link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Location: New Berlin , WI
Minimum Experience (yrs): 2+
Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...)
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart