Google Lead Electrical Engineer, ATAP in Mountain View, California
Google Engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and working across discipline lines, then our team might be your next career step.
One of the driving forces of innovation at Google is ATAP—Advanced Technologies and Projects. ATAP is a fast-paced, solution-oriented group developing and executing projects at the point where emerging science/technology trends meet consumer needs, products and services. Teams working on ATAP projects create demonstrations and user experiences that appear magical, simple and wondrous—and deliver at lightning speeds. As a Lead Electrical Engineer on Project Jacquard, you will be responsible for electrical architecture and all aspects of electrical for Project Jacquard’s product: from design, to validation and manufacturing.
One of the driving forces of innovation at Google is our Advanced Technologies and Projects (ATAP) team. ATAP is a fast-paced, solution-oriented group developing and executing projects at the point where emerging science/technology trends meet consumer needs, products and services. Googlers working on ATAP projects will create demonstrations and user experiences that appear magical, simple and wondrous—and deliver at lightning speeds.
- Manage electrical design and architecture of next generation Jacquard products.
- Perform schematic design, validation, and support manufacturing testing and similar product development efforts.
- Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from Mechanical and Firmware engineers, UX designers and members from across the organization.
- 5 years of industry experience in schematic design, layout, fabrication as well as system’s software, firmware and driver development.
- Experience with electrical lab equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, function generators).
- Embedded firmware development experience, working with tools such as Nordic and Cypress SOCs and other platforms.
- Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5 years of related work experience in consumer electronics or wearables, including design, validation and testing.
- Experience driving module suppliers and with sensor design and integration.
- Experience using C/C++ for firmware development and system software.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.