Google Hardware Electrical Engineer, Wearables in Mountain View, California
Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop hardware architecture for next generation systems.
- Design, implement, debug and characterize embedded systems geared for mobile applications.
- Lead new design concepts through exploration, prototyping, development and into mass production.
- Collaborate with other team members, including software, mechanical engineering, industrial design and outside partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in embedded or mobile system design, hardware architecture, board design, board bring-up and product NPI experience.
- Experience with low power and battery powered embedded mobile designs.
- Experience in design for consumer electronics, mobile devices or wearable devices.
- Experience and knowledge of broad range of printed circuit board (PCB) technologies, such as rigid, flex, hybrid and etc.
- Experience in bringing multiple high volume products to mass production.
- Design expertise in SoC, memories, power supply, camera, sensors and analog design.
- Knowledge of Linux, Chrome OS or Android embedded environments.
- Familiar with microprocessor and micro-controller design.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.