Tyonek Native Corporation Electrical Engineering III - Fiber Optics in Madison, Alabama
Designs, test, installs, and maintains large-scale electronic equipment, machinery and fiber optics for use in aviation engineering and manufacturing. Develops processes and techniques for fiber optics processing with the ability to implement into a full scale production.
- Performs detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing and installation standards and specifications.
- Development of production techniques for optical and mechanical assemblies from proof-of-concept to validated process.
- Supports first article builds and training of fabrication technicians in needed manufacturing techniques
- Responsible for design and manufacturing of production and prototypes and necessary fixtures.
- Compiles data and write reports in both detailed an abstract form with regard to existing and future engineering studies and projects.
- May use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform assignments.
- Applies principles and techniques of electrical engineering to accomplish goals.
- Development and ownership of product BOM's
- Develops products to meet requirements through design, analysis, and testing of systems.
- Transitions new products from Engineering to Manufacturing
- Responsible for scheduling, planning and executing all phases of the project from initial concept through final production meeting deadlines and successful on time delivery of products.
- Work well with all co-workers to coordinate production planning and with other business groups on engineering issues.
- Inspects completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required. BSEE preferred
- 7+ years of experience in the engineering/manufacturing field related to fiber optics
- Knowledge of FAR & DFAR requirements
- Responsible for development of new products primarily for aviation fiber optic area from prototype to manufacturing
- Knowledge of military requirements/standards and wire harness processes including fiber optics.
- Must be hands-on; expected to perform fiber measurements, debug fiber optic measurement equipment and techniques.
- Must be fluent in fiber optics processing techniques
- Strong understanding of data analysis, statistics and data-based decision-making.
- Must be self-motivated and have the technical abilities to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; verbal presentation, report writing, and documentation.
- High attention to detail.
- Creative and flexible person who can handle all aspects of engineering for the business group.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. Including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Project management or Systems Engineering experience is a plus.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities: Tyonek Native Corporation provides all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Job Start/End Date: 20-Feb-2018 to 21-Apr-2018 (CST)
Department: TMG - MAD
Location: Madison, AL, USA
Pay Type: Salary
Employment Type: Full Time