Honeywell Electrical Engineer in Kansas City, Missouri
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell FM&T is seeking Electrical Engineers to support our work at the Department of Energy’s Kanas City National Security Campus in Kansas City, MO. You will work under limited supervision and alongside some of the world's most talented engineers. You will contribute to the development of Honeywell's next generation product by designing, testing and validating products/processes from prototype to market. You will be part of a group of highly committed professionals who provide expertise to ensure the success of complex engineering projects and programs while acting as a mentor to more junior engineers. You will interact with internal and external customers to facilitate the completion of products to customer specifications.
Note: The business has multiple positions for experienced electrical engineers. Candidates with greater experience are encouraged to apply and may be considered for a higher-level engineering classification commensurate with candidate credentials and as warranted by the scope of work and current business requirements. Job title (Engineer II, III or Senior) will be commensurate with level of experience.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Performs project planning and manages project resources, including multiple individuals and disciplines, to achieve quality, delivery, and cost objectives.
- Conducts research and development experiments to resolve complex engineering and quality problems involving highly technical, scientific methods.
- Writes technical reports on results and conclusions drawn from experiments conducted and incorporates findings in formal specifications.
- Translates design agency concepts into production items by coordinating the activities of engineering, quality, manufacturing, and related organizations
- Estimates set-up times, flowtimes, costs of production and acceptance equipment, and compiles cost estimates and delivery quotations, monitors performance, and prepares reports, statistics, and recommendations for management review.
- Participates in establishing operating procedures on new products and components.
- Influences design agency for new designs, defines and recommends design changes, and alternate designs of instruments, and test equipment, and orders tooling, gaging, and equipment necessary to assure product quality.
- Plans and performs engineering testing and development programs and uses advanced statistical and scientific methods to address and resolve critical engineering and production problems to assure product manufacturability.
- Originates, refines, and releases complex manufacturing or inspection work directions.
- Determines acceptability of processes and materials in conjunction with customers, design agency, quality, and other affected organizations.
- Interacts with customers, design agency and/or supplier counterparts to resolve moderate to complex design, development, production and acceptance issues.
- Based on research, applies, develops and recommends innovative methodologies and technologies which are equal to the industry's state of the art to resolve processing and design problems.
- Provides technical consultation to management and others, and leads technical project teams.
- Responsible for work that may involve longer range and/or complex business objectives in field of expertise.
- Evaluates and implements innovations and technological advances that improve quality, reduce flowtime, improve productivity, and enhance operational surety.
- Performs highly complex calibration and measurement services, recommends changes in calibration procedures to improve services, and solves special measurement problems.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
May perform other duties as required.
40 Plan and execute project tasks
20 Ensure project and product compliance
10 Present to leadership and external customers
20 Propose technical improvements
10 Suggest enhancements to advance projects
YOU MUST HAVE
- US citizenship to obtain and maintain US Department of Energy "Q" level security clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program
- 2+ years of directly applied engineering experience
- Advanced degree in an engineering, engineering management, or business discipline is advantageous
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) & Earned Value Management (EVM) systems
- Six Sigma certification (black belt; green belt) preferred
- Strong communication, interactive & presentation skills. Experience presenting technical material to varied levels of audiences. Ability to motivate others to produce on-target & timely results
- Ability to apply design, development, evaluation, and quality control techniques to routine through moderately complex engineering projects
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Some Travel Required
- Relocation Provided
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req134611
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.