Shell Electrical Engineer - Geismar, LA in Geismar, Louisiana
Auto req ID 72200BR
Job Title Electrical Engineer - Geismar, LA
Country of Work Location United States
City, State (if applicable) Geismar, Louisiana
Work Location Geismar
Company Description Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
Provide functional leadership, technical support, and strategic planning for a portion of the manufacturing and operating units at the Shell Geismar Chemical Facility. The position will focus on ensuring safe operation, integrity, reliability, adherence to standards, and sustainability of the electrical assets in the area supported.
While this position is not a supervisory position, it does require strong leadership skills to be successful.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible to:
• Drive the Site HSSE Goal Zero behaviors, particularly in the area of Electrical Safety.
• Demonstrate ownership and support of the electrical systems utilization equipment for assigned unit.
• Develop and implement long-range plans and infrastructure projects.
• Develop preventative maintenance requirements and plans for electrical systems.
• Provide design quality assurance for electrical projects in the area supported.
• Provide engineering guidance to area electrical inspectors for repair of electrical installations.
• Ensure compliance with OSHA, company, industry codes & standards, and internal procedures.
• Participate in, and at times lead root cause analysis teams when electrical equipment is involved.
• Develop turnaround work scope and support the TA Planner with robust execution plans.
• Lead electrical efforts during plant emergencies and recoveries.
• Maintain knowledge of new technology for application in site equipment design, testing, and installations.
• Develop and drive electrical competency and training programs for the electrical community
Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
Bachelor's degree; degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
Minimum five (5) years experience as a discipline Electrical Engineer.
Experience in a Refinery, Chemical Facility or petro-chemical manufacturing complex preferred.
strong trouble-shooting and analytical skills, application of the National Electric Code, NFPA 70E (Standard for Electrical Safety in The Work Place), NFPA 70B (Recommended Practice for Electrical Equipment Maintenance), API RP-500 (Recommended Practice for Classification of Locations for Electrical Installations),
Proficiency with power system modeling (via SKM), adept with Microsoft Office, and the ability to learn other software tools such as databases and drawing packages.
No. of Positions 1
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Removal Date 06-Apr-2018