LGS Innovations Electrical Engineer in Florham Park, New Jersey
LGS Innovations, a leader in solving the most complex networking and communications challenges, is seeking an * Electrical Engineer* for our Florham Park, NJ location.
In this position you will work under general direction create analog and high speed digital board level circuit designs and simulations.
LGS Innovations solves the most complex networking and communications challenges facing the U.S. Federal Government, state and local governments, foreign governments, and commercial organizations worldwide. LGS delivers groundbreaking research, and advanced networking and communications solutions that provide an information advantage that contributes to the mission and operational success of its customers. LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with a lead electrical engineer to develop analog and high speed digital board level circuit designs and simulations supporting optical systems
- Implement Digital to Analog Converter (DAC) and Analog to Digital Converter devices and front electronics
- Work with lead engineers to design Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) and linear current driver circuits for laser diodes
- Collaborate with Printed Circuit Board (PCB) layout and fabrication vendors to Insure prototype meets design intent
- Collaborate with team members to test and document the circuit design to insure program objectives are met
- Perform hardware integration in the lab with digital and optical hardware team
- Support compliance testing for various standards including EMI/EMC and ESD
- Support lead engineers in creating presentations for internal and external customers using software tools to analyze data and create graphics
- Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S; policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level required to perform the duties of the position
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and 2-4 years of experience or an equivalent combination of skills, education and experience.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience with or interest in analog circuit design especially as it relates to electro-optics
- Experience in capturing electrical schematics and working with PCB layout engineers to create PCB design
- Experience with mixed analog and digital board design
- Experience with Spice simulation of analog circuits
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required
For a listing of all LGS Innovations open positions, please visit our website at https://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
Location: Florham Park, NJ
# of openings: 1
JOB TITLE: Electrical Engineer
Location: Florham Park, NJ
Travel Requirements: Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary