Google Electrical Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
Our thirst for technology is a part of everything we do. The Data Center Engineering team takes the physical design of our data centers into the future. Our lab mirrors a research and development department -- cutting-edge strategies are born, tested and tested again. Along with a team of great minds, you tackle complex topics like how we use power or how to run state-of-the-art, environmentally-friendly facilities. You're a visionary who optimizes for efficiencies and never stops seeking improvements -- even small changes that can make a huge impact. You generate ideas, communicate recommendations to senior-level executives and drive implementation alongside facilities technicians.
With your technical expertise, you ensure compliance with codes and standards, develop infrastructure improvements and serve as an expert in your specialty (e.g. cooling, electrical, etc).
As a Data Center Electrical Engineer, you have demonstrated design, construction, equipment operation and maintenance experience in the area of complex and mission critical facilities. You'll have knowledge of large-scale data center electrical infrastructure systems, and you'll be involved in the development of complex electrical infrastructure - from site assessments and concept design, to construction projects and major modification of existing infrastructure. You will also provide and prepare all types of documents, including: statement of work (SOW), total cost of ownership (TCO) analysis, concept designs, drawing markups, budgets, schedules, factory test and acceptance documents, final startup/commissioning reports and review, and acceptance of as-builts and submittals.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Collaborate with the core team to understand and develop the data center electrical designs, from starting basis of design (BOD) to issue for constructions (IFC), for new data center project build-outs and major infrastructure upgrades.
- Manage all power system issues during concept design, detailed design, procurement, bidding, manufacturing, delivery, and installation on site. Identify and resolve issues raised by the cross-functional teams and various external stakeholders.
- Generate scope of work for the equipment portions of major infrastructure upgrades based on project needs, and work with internal teams to update and document the configuration as it evolves.
- Interface closely with the Global Commodities team, the manufacturers, and various global and local Engineering teams in order to deliver the electrical solutions needed for each project.
- Update and maintain the internal design specifications, drawings and standards in accordance with the latest configurations and including all 'lessons learned' in relation to all equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with mission critical facilities.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time, as required.
- Master's in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in bidding, designing, operating and commissioning of electrical distribution systems, from high voltage (HV) transformer to branch circuits.
- Experience with power system analysis and engineering software packages.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical and control systems.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.