GCP Applied Technologies Electrical Engineer in Cambridge, Massachusetts
GCP has developed a new industry subcategory, In-Transit Concrete Management. The company’s flagship solution in this sub-category is Verifi, a complex electromechanical control and fluid transfer system responsible for managing the properties of concrete during delivery.
As a Sr. Electrical Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects and bring your design to fruition. We are seeking a capable, hands-on engineer who is ready to design, test and implement solutions for aftermarket, external, vehicle-mounted electromechanical systems and sensors.
As a Sr. Electrical Engineer, you will be as part of a fast-paced team in the design, development and test of innovative mixed signal electromechanical systems. You will lead the development of detailed electrical requirements, engineering specifications and verification & validation. Leads the analysis, evaluation and planning for methods of approach, and organizes means to achieve the solution to complex problems.
Working along a multidiscipline team, you will participate in investigations pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, or processes and act as subject matter expert for electrical design activities.
Skills and Experience:
- Electrical architecture design
- FPGA implementation in VHDL or Verilog
- Microcontroller design and embedded firmware development
- Peripheral communication protocols especially CAN.
- Power electronics greater than 40 amps
- Wireless sensor application
- Mixed signal and power design best practices
- Familiarity with standards such as FCC, CE, UL etc.
- Familiarity with EMI/EMC design standards
- Designing low power consumption battery electronics
- Wire/cable harness design
- PCB layout and schematic generation using Altium or equivalent tool
- Circuit testing and analysis using SPICE or equivalent tool
- Lab equipment use: Function generators, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, analyzers etc.
- Lead Design for Manufacturing (DFM) activities
- Lead design verification activities, including HALT, FMEA and RCCA
BS Electrical Engineering. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to think creatively and multi-task